C200 K Estate Steering Issues

scottyfox

Reaction score
Hello,

My 2000 C200 K Sport Estate has some major pulling to the left issues. I have noticed people saying that the camber of the roads affect this, but when i have driven on the wrong side of the road, it still pulls to the left.
If i start driving the car with no hands on the wheel it it dives straight left!
To keep the car in line on the roads the steering wheel has to be angled to the right at all times.

I have had all the wheels balanced etc, but the problem will not go away!

Any ideas would be appreciated.

scottyfox

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Wheel balancing won't affect this. Tracking and general geometry will. I'd start by getting the geometry checked and possibly rotating the tyres to rule out any problems there. Also, if it's as severe as you describe, it may be worth checking whether you have a binding brake on the LHS.
I believe there are parts than can be changed but I'll leave that to the folk that have been there.

type49

Reaction score
A full geometry is required. Make sure you get somebody who knows all about the offset bolts that MB use & can also give you a "before & after" printout.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom