C230 Kompressor

Andyfoot

New Registration
Reaction score
Hi there. I am thinking of buying a C230 Kompressor and hoped that one of you guys could help answer a few questions I have.
1) Is the C230 Kompressor supercharged.
2) What sort of MPG figures does the car return.
3) I have always been an admirer of the car and wondered if anyone knows of companies that could supply me with some bodystyling packages/options.
Thanks in advance for any replies
Andy

(Edited by Andyfoot at 4:09 pm on Jan. 24, 2002)

philharve

Reaction score
Website
go.to
Your Mercedes
W202 C230K Auto 2000
Answers to some of your questions

Andyfoot

I have just purchased a pristine C230 Kompressor, W reg (2000), and I am waiting to take my first drive as its new owner. I took a test drive and was so impressed I purchased it immediately upon completing the drive.

I reseached the vehicle before parting with my hard-earned cash and can answer two of your questions.

1) 'kompressor' is German for 'supercharger'. It is a belt-driven Rootes- type air compressor in the C230.

2) official M-B figures quoted in litres/100km is unhelpful but they roughly translate to 20mpg (urban), 38mpg (rural), 28mpg (overall). The automatic uses marginally more fuel than the manual but the former is the more desireable option.

3) can't help you with your third question but I will warn you that when you apply for insurance you will be asked about any modifications. Apparently insurers don't like modifications, even if it is only to the body/chassis.

You might like to know that you can purchase manuals for all the M-B models on CD on eBay which will answer all your technical questions. They cost about £11.00, including delivery. There is a more expensice CD manual containing 5 discs which covers a wider range of M-B models. This will set you back about £24.00.

Regards Phil

Top Bottom