C43 AMG

Status
Not open for further replies.

waggers

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 63 AMG Cabriolet
Anyone here own or owned a C43 AMG? Wondering if you've got any pointers and service costs examples....mines due an 'A' service in around 4k miles, things to look for etc? cheers.

OP
W

waggers

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 63 AMG Cabriolet
I take it these are rarer that I thought! Had no-one out there got a C43?

BJ

Reaction score
I owned a 99(T) C43 from new till I traded it for a C32 in September 2002.

Only problems I had was a power steering noise which resulted in a new steering box. Only other complaint I could have had was tyre wear, but what do you expect from an AMG.

OP
W

waggers

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 63 AMG Cabriolet
Thanks BJ! Yep I'm doing rear tyres at around 10K miles. Any indications on approx service costs, or expensive items I should look out for? What was your oil consumption like?

Gary430

Reaction score
Don't have a C43 so can't comment on servicing costs, but as for oil usage, I have the same engine albeit in an M-Class.

The engine is designed to use upto a litre of oil every 1000 miles :shock: BUT, mine goes through a litre every 3000 miles or so. I don't mind as it means..
a) the oil is working and getting to places it needs to (andthus being used)
b) keeps the oil cleaner and the service intervals longer!!

OP
W

waggers

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 63 AMG Cabriolet
Gary, That's good feedback...I was a bit concerned about consumption but I'm burning about the same as yourself....I seemed to be filling up all the time, but now you've stated the intervals...I'm doing 3k per month so the frequency seemed skewed.I'm also getting around 18K between service intervals so chucking it in every 6 months for a 'B' service. Altough I do drop the oil every 6K too......Thanks again.

C32STU

Reaction score
I had a C43 (followed a briefish spell with a C36) for about a year. Only problems were very squeeky back seat and interior alarm sensor. I covered less than 10k miles and had one service that cost around £250 at main dealer, and one set of conti tyres ( a lot more!).

The car was excellent and used very little oil as far as I remember. Just this week changed to a C32AMG following a string of cars between the C43 and now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom