C43 Rear Bumper Cover

angus falconer

Reaction score
Hi - any ideas where I can get hold of a rear bumper cover for a C43?

Some creature has crawled out of a swamp, has evolved just enough to be able to get behind the wheel and has hit the back of my parked C43 hard enough to crack the bumper cover.

It's repairable but I am just wondering if there's a way of getting a new cover other than ordering a new one from Mercedes.

Any ideas?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Bumpers are sought after items, repairs are quite easy, you are looking at £100 roughly inc respray, that's off the car and easy to take off.
Breakers know they are a sought after item and the odd one comes up on Ebay but even then that may have been repaired.

Malcolm

OP
angus falconer

angus falconer

Reaction score
television said:
Bumpers are sought after items, repairs are quite easy, you are looking at £100 roughly inc respray, that's off the car and easy to take off.
Breakers know they are a sought after item and the odd one comes up on Ebay but even then that may have been repaired.

Malcolm

Thanks Malcolm - am looking into a repair. New part is £500 for the part alone - that's without VAT, fitting and paint (but including the 100% AMG mark up :)). There's a place near here that can melt and plastic weld the cracks.

I'm just hacked off at the pure incompetence of the person who drove into my car so hard whilst it was parked in a quiet residential area - I don't mind the odd scuff but he (or she) really battered it. Grrrr.

Top Bottom