Camshaft sensor

AlanGunn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 C250 sport+ 2.1d
Hope this is in the correct section.
Car is a c250 with the om651 diesel.
In the week the car had what i can only describe as a miss while driving steady around 50/70mph.
You could just feel it like a very quick dab on the brake only very slight.
Did a scan and a fault with cam-sensor showed up.
A m8 came over this morning and i told him and he said lucky for you i have a sensor new in the box.
I wasn't sure at all as it's a diesel and had many but never had a miss like this before.
Anyway swapped the sensor over and the car is running fine again so must have been the fault.
My main question is about the new sensor it is a Lucas made part is it to be trusted ????.
Any suggestions or links i would be grateful for.
Sorry it was a bit of a long winded post.
Thanks in advance.

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
Hope this is in the correct section.
Car is a c250 with the om651 diesel.
In the week the car had what i can only describe as a miss while driving steady around 50/70mph.
You could just feel it like a very quick dab on the brake only very slight.
Did a scan and a fault with cam-sensor showed up.
A m8 came over this morning and i told him and he said lucky for you i have a sensor new in the box.
I wasn't sure at all as it's a diesel and had many but never had a miss like this before.
Anyway swapped the sensor over and the car is running fine again so must have been the fault.
My main question is about the new sensor it is a Lucas made part is it to be trusted ????.
Any suggestions or links i would be grateful for.
Sorry it was a bit of a long winded post.
Thanks in advance.
Trusted like the one made for mercedes that you replaced you mean ?

OP
AlanGunn

AlanGunn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 C250 sport+ 2.1d
Yes as above.
I know Lucas have been around for ever but not sure if this type of part is to be trusted.
Not sure what make came out but still got the old one so will have a look later.

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
For engine sensors I have always. Ought genuine on other cars over the years.

If it’s working, just leave it now. If unable to get genuine then I’ve always looked for the likes of Bosch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
AlanGunn

AlanGunn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 C250 sport+ 2.1d
Thanks for that.
It is working fine now with the Lucas part.
Some car's don't like some brands of things but the only one i can think of right now is plugs but i think you know what i am saying.
Not new to cars (retired mechanic) old school but new to Mercedes.

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
Some people won’t believe but even with things like plugs back in the day there was slight differences only someone who drove the car car daily and was tuned in would notice.

BMWs and Volvos of old are two i know that are fussy in the above regard.

I remember the S70R I bought in 2011 and still have to this day, the lad on the Volvo club was selling it as he couldn’t afford the fuel. I test drove it and it all seemed fine but, was drinking fuel for no obvious reason. I saw he had a receipt for NGK plugs, some brand I would t use for dizzy cap and rotar arm, and a panel filter. Car was good so I bought it. A trip from Notts to Warwickshire cost me about 1/2 a tank in fuel at around 55-60mph. I ordered Volvo plugs, dizzy/rotar, Beru iirc leads, Volvo air filter and that fixed the fuel consumption immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bay Leaf

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 350 R231 2013
I changed all four of my sensors for MB ones as the original ones have a fault which allows oil to travel through the sensor into the wiring loom. It's worth checking yours just in case. The VVT actuators can have the same problem but mine were ok. It's worth checking them periodically. Personally I would only buy this kind of stuff which is genuine MB.

Reactions: DSK

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom