can someone clarify a little niggle for me please

S

shaggy

i have a 1986 300D saloon on a 124 chassis
i have been looking for a new interior etc ( see my post in spares for sale forum) a guy called me today after me posting on find a part and said he had a creme leather interior + doortrims out of a 93/94 E300 (presumably 124 chassis) and that there was not such a car as a 300 d :confused:
he says my car is a E 300 d my log book simply says 300d i dont have the 'grill' in the front wing that the e300 has im confused as to what car the interior is comeing out of & will it fit

Spike

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1999 SL500
Its a w124 so its an E300 d

The interior will fit :)

OP
S

shaggy

Spike said:

thanks spike but :!: why dont it have the same grill in the wing as my mates e300d his looks different to mine as well
or is his a 'face lift' cos its newer n reg
cheers

pascal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl320/1999/3.2
First and foremost its a W124.

SHAGGY said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike

thanks spike but :!: why dont it have the same grill in the wing as my mates e300d his looks different to mine as well
or is his a 'face lift' cos its newer n reg
cheers
Your car (86) is a 300D.
Letters did not come in front of MBs until late 93 when 'E' was put in front of all w124s
The w124 had a facelift in late 88 (bottom panel all round, part colour coded bumpers)
It also had a facelift in late 93 (different grill, colour coded outer bumpers, electric driver mirror, chrome on bootlid)

Cannot remember exacty my inside of early model, but pretty sure all the new interior will fit.

Peter 300TE

Reaction score
Shaggy on a previous thread there is a link to MB Russian website where you can put in your vin and it will tell you all about your vehicle as it was when delivered from the factory.

Its been on a few times and works.

OP
S

shaggy

pascal said:
First and foremost its a W124.

Your car (86) is a 300D.
Letters did not come in front of MBs until late 93 when 'E' was put in front of all w124s
The w124 had a facelift in late 88 (bottom panel all round, part colour coded bumpers)
It also had a facelift in late 93 (different grill, colour coded outer bumpers, electric driver mirror, chrome on bootlid)

Cannot remember exacty my inside of early model, but pretty sure all the new interior will fit.

Peter 300TE said:
Shaggy on a previous thread there is a link to MB Russian website where you can put in your vin and it will tell you all about your vehicle as it was when delivered from the factory.

Its been on a few times and works.

cheers pascal thats great to know
cheers peter 300TE ive done that already but the info was not that great
is all i need now is a leather interior i have been offered cream interior (seats & doorcards ) but mines grey so would look a tw@t with grey dash & carpet but cream seats :???:
so PLEASE keep your eyes out for me

Last edited by a moderator:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom