Car History

cjcor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220CDI
telletubby said:
Is it true that there's a number in Holland where you can get the known history of any MB which doesn't have a full MB service record?

If this is so, it would be great.

What I do know is that if you speak to MB customer services and ask for the service history (or even inquire about the original options a car was fitted with) 9 times out of 10 they cite the Data Protection act and simply refuse to answer. On the odd occassion you might be successful.

Audi has a dedicated line to verify the Service History.

BMW process is not straightforward -one call to the customer services followed by another call to the servicing dealer - but it is possible to verify the SH.

OP
T

telletubby

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 W140 S320 blue
what I know

Once in your life everyone gets stitched up with a car. In my case it was a 1991 W124 turbo diesel estate which had probably done 600k kilometres but was sold to me in 2001 as having only done 190k.

Although I live and had bought the car in France it had been first registered in Germany so I asked my German brother in law if he could check the car's history. He simply went down to his local Merc dealer and established it had done 185k in 1996 thereby proving the higher mileage.

Having recently bought another 124 diesel estate, I asked hilm if he could repeat the exercise and he told me there was a number in Holland ( 00800 177777777 ) which now handled all enquiries. I shall try it and report back.

pascal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl320/1999/3.2
Em,

Tellytubby,

thats the new Euro wide MB CustomerServices number.

All Customer Services have moved to Maastricht.

Old Bentigger

Reaction score
Old Bentigger

In order what I got when researching my own car history was as follows:

a. a print -out of the original order and the option codes, from the local dealer (oxfordshire) ; offered and done within 15 minutes with a smile !!

b. a nice letter from maastricht with some information but saying that the service history was not (?now) held on a central database . But the original owner had obtained this from Stuttgart in 2000 when his records had been lost in transit from Hong Kong to UK ;

c. a charming reply from Silvie Kiefer at the Classic Center in Stuttgart with a copy of the original key card , which they say are all held on microfilm . I can decode some but not all of this : it is the most comprehensive reply I received , admittedly with an invitation to subscribe for a classic car certificate (not at 100 euros, I am Scottish!) .

Address is (they prefer you to write with a copy of the V5 to prove ownership)
Daimler - Chhrysler Classic Center
HPC R 051
Stuttgart
tel + 49 (0) 711 17 84040

I hope this helps .

There is also a website (MB Club of Russia) which purports to do much of htis if you enter your VIN no . Sorry but if anyone thinks I am going to disclose my VIN no to ANYONE in Russia .....

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom