Cat Advice

MarkF

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270CDi
I think I may have a cat problem with the ML270CDi.
I have noticed a vibration type noise which sould baffel like at around 1600rpm, more noticable when the engine is under load and the revs kept at that 1600 rpm, around say 30mph, also noticed it more last night towing the horse box up hill, increase in revs and everthing sounds a sweet as a nut.
Not as noticable when the car is on its own and does not do it at all when in park and the engine reved to the same spot.
It sound like its from the front are me thinks cat area.
I plan to pop down to my local exhuast garage, they are very good but dont fancy Merc prices, any ideas on a good supplier.
Any other ideas appriciated.

Apart from this the car is fantastic....

Horse box. What horse box, didnt even notice it was behind the car, not like the freelander where it was better to put the car in the trailer and get the horse to tow the lot......

wgriffiths

Reaction score
ml cat rattle

hi mate if it is the cat rattling its quite common try ian at pipe werx in wigan lancashsire hes good made a beautyfull set of pipes for our e55amg (211)he was the founder of dub sport made the famous twin engie vr6 turbo golf that was on top gear top bloke

OP
MarkF

MarkF

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270CDi
hi mate if it is the cat rattling its quite common try ian at pipe werx in wigan lancashsire hes good made a beautyfull set of pipes for our e55amg (211)he was the founder of dub sport made the famous twin engie vr6 turbo golf that was on top gear top bloke

Hi,

Thanks for this, do you have the address and contact info, I can always have a run up to Wigan as its not to far and let him have a look.

Regards

Mark

Top Bottom