Ceramic Coatings

Wombat457

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 E350 3.5ltr V6
I don't know if you guys have this stuff in the UK or if it is called Ceramic Coatings BUT if you do have it, has anyone used it on their vehicle/s and, if so, how good is it and is it worth it?

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
I don't know if you guys have this stuff in the UK or if it is called Ceramic Coatings BUT if you do have it, has anyone used it on their vehicle/s and, if so, how good is it and is it worth it?
I've had it done twice, not sure I'd do it again, does not last as long as they claim it does. Cheaper just to wax it a couple of times a year.

OP
Wombat457

Wombat457

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 E350 3.5ltr V6
Had a feeling it was 90% gimmick ... thanks good to get first hand info. Think I'll just go the Fusso route :)

w204benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C200CDI AMG Sport
I had been tempted to do it but as others said - not cheap. I probably wouldn't bother after using this:
www.turtlewax.co.uk/products/hybrid-solutions-ceramic-spray-coating-500ml/

Cheap and reasonably durable, although decontaminating the paintwork before applying seems to help a fair bit. Pretty impressed with the results.
Sure, a professional ceramic coating will probably last longer, but it only takes about 15 mins to apply this stuff.

Morethanpolish

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor
I have coated my Boxster over 2 years ago and its holding up very well indeed and still beading. I used Race Glaze 9H.

It's all down to what coating you use - forget anything thats spray on as it wont last more than 2-3 months at the most and is NOT a true 9H ceramic coating. Proper ones are not a gimmick but hard science that works. But if its not costing at least £50 and comes in a 30ml jar (typically) then its very different to inferior cheap spray products. You will need some patience and eye for detail to self apply, or pay someone £500+ to do it for you.

We have our own centre here that applies our own products using our trained detailers. Enquiries welcome.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom