Chrysler 300C depreciation vs E-Class

johnmc

Reaction score
Hi,
We've had a couple of threads on the 300C, finally got some projected residuals for the 300C in What Car. I'm in a cheery mood for depreciation right now, have to be given my quote today from mjrennie on the E200!

The % figures are the percentage of original list value left after 3 years from new.

300C Saloons
3.5V6: 35% from £25.5k loss: £16.5k
5.7V8 Hemi: 31% from £33k; loss £23k
6.1SRT: 23% (major ouch, like an old Fiat then) from £39k; loss: £30k
3.0CRD: 38% from £25.5k; loss £16k

E-Class Saloons (without options needed to equalise spec to 300C, Avantgarde fairly near)
E350 Avantgarde: 58% from £39k; loss: £16.8k
E500 Avantgarde: 52% from £46k; loss: £22k
E320CDI Avantgarde: 63% from £39k; loss: £14k
E63amg: 58% from £66k; loss: £32k

Financially there ain't much in it when it comes to losing money. Mercs depreciate less, but are more expensive. I suspect that the 300C will win out financially once options to equalise the specs are factored in.

If you don't want to outlay the cash for a Merc but want a new car, the 300C is a pretty good deal. I withdraw my concerns about it depreciating faster than a Merc, and after my trade in quote on the E200 tonight I'll be taking a closer look at the 300C.

Bye!
John

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
Get a lease or PCP quote to give you an idea too. I bet the 300C figures will be horendous, but the Merc ones might not be much better - in fact it's higher list price might make them worse.

I've seen it suggested that buying an E Class on a PCP may well cost less than suffering the depreciation hit - it just feels horrible throwing away hundreds of pounds per month, but of course you're doing that in depreciation anyway.

SLinKyjoe

Reaction score
the pcp on a merc is better than the 300c as its a known quantity with used car buyers, at the moment 300c's are still in the lap of the Gods.

Still, having just taken delivery of the 12th 300C SRT-8 to be brought into the UK I dont care at all. Most cars lose money over time, and some lose more than others! Thats one of the costs of car ownership.

mind you at 20mpg, thats another cost. Insurance costs are quite good on the 300 as it happens.

Its a good comfortable ride and very quiet. the interior is quite solid but it isnt the same quality as a merc. Its not bad tho.

SatNav does not come with TMC. they havent paid for it!

SLinKyjoe

Reaction score
davidsl500 said:
Joe, Can I put my offer in for 9k for yours in 3 yrs time then? look after it !:rolleyes:

yep. it should have a GFV of £7785 by then so I am up on the deal now ta!:)

With there being low numbers, it will be interesting to see what it will be like in 12months. I would guess it may be a different story on the SRT, altho I am not holding my breath. I expect it to plummet in value quicker than David Blunketts standings as a respectable MP.:mrgreen:

Big question is, Will the SRT be allowed on Next Years London to Silverstone Supercar tour? I have emailed the organisers to find out, but they havent yet decided on what will or wont qualify as a supercar? And they are only allowing 40 cars next year too.

OlafMaxwell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E320 CDI Estate
I was in US for 2 weeks in summer...had a 300C!! It compares well with the Merc and of course over here the dealers are so more friendly than Merc dealers. That alone would swing it for me. The MB service is bad and when you even read this months Mercedes Enthusiast complaining about the MB attitude you know you are onto a good thing with a Chrysler. As well the big diameter wheels make for a good ride too.

Top Bottom