CLK 320 AMG too low?

Skydave

New Registration
Reaction score
Hello fellow Merc addicts,

I am probably going to buy a 1999 CLK 320 Cabriolet AMG, but am a bit worried about ground clearance (I haven't seen it yet, I need to fly up to Johannesburg next week). My driveway slopes down steeply into the garage (the spoiler of my rented Renault Clio scrapes on entry/exit).
Could some-one tell me how low the AMG version is in comparison with the standard version? is it just a question of trim (spoiler?) or is the whole car lower slung? If it is just the front spoiler, could I fit a standard front to improve the "approach angle"?

Thank you for any advice on this matter: I really want this car, but would hate to smear it on the road!

Skydave.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Skydave said:
Hello fellow Merc addicts,

I am probably going to buy a 1999 CLK 320 Cabriolet AMG, but am a bit worried about ground clearance (I haven't seen it yet, I need to fly up to Johannesburg next week). My driveway slopes down steeply into the garage (the spoiler of my rented Renault Clio scrapes on entry/exit).
Could some-one tell me how low the AMG version is in comparison with the standard version? is it just a question of trim (spoiler?) or is the whole car lower slung? If it is just the front spoiler, could I fit a standard front to improve the "approach angle"?

Thank you for any advice on this matter: I really want this car, but would hate to smear it on the road!

Skydave.
hello and welcome to the forum, you ask something hard to answer, even the sales books do not give this info, I am not even sure that the AMG's are lower. They are not with the SL. I think a phone call to MB or an Email to them will be the only way. OK its longer than the Clio with more over hang at the rear.

malcolm

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom