"Clocks Go Back = More Accidents"

robbi-wan

Reaction score
I bet there are more accidents when the clocks go forward - people trying to ajdust to bieng 1 hour late!!!

LeeJSquire

Reaction score
I'm sure half of these are people trying to adjust the clock on the car whilst driving!

On my C class it seems to be a rather hap-hazard set of clicks from different steering wheel controls to change the clock. I'm sure its logical if you've read the manual .... but then I am a bloke and that would be too easy!

turnipsock

Reaction score
It more fun adjusting the clocks on the old cars. This involves putting your hand through the steering wheel.

Do most of the accidents occur at 8am and are the driver listening to Radio 2?

It's far easier just to disconnect the battery for an hour (or 23 hours in the spring)

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
and I thought that little dial was just there

to tell me it's time to fill up again. Do I have to fill up more in summer time than in wintertime, and how long does it take me to do it?

Silver Arrow

Reaction score
From Blassberg's previous warning:

North Yorkshire ranked second most dangerous in the study by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.

As a lad, I once went out with an Occupational Therapist.
She said "I teach you to use what you have got to your best advantage"......

MissMercedes

Reaction score
""Chief Executive Phil Gray said: "There is often a surge in accidents just after the clocks go back, as people adjust to driving home from work in the dark. ""

I am not surpise at 1 in the morning? and who is at work at that time?
more so when you consider that you have to wait until 2 to put your clocks back anyway.

I put my clock back this morning. mind you, I had left it in the kitchen! :wink:

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
turnipsock said:
I can't wait to see who turns up early, to church, tomorrow.

Wouldnt you have to be there early to see them turn up early then other people that have turned up early to see if anyone else had turned up early would think you have forgotten to put your clock back and therefore had turned up early?

Well , I understood what I said anyway...

SLinKyjoe

Reaction score
i got someone....i said as i left work last night i mentioned to not forget to put your clocks forward.

even tho i really didnt think anyone was really that stupid, i strolled in today and one member was wating at the door. he arrived at 0558 when he should be here at 0715....i did chuckle...then ran off and hid.

he was also the same person who forgot when they went forwards last march and was 1 hour late.

me thinks clocks and work and him are not compatible.

turnipsock

Reaction score
davidsl500 said:
Wouldnt you have to be there early to see them turn up early then other people that have turned up early to see if anyone else had turned up early would think you have forgotten to put your clock back and therefore had turned up early?

Well , I understood what I said anyway...

Aktually we are right next to the Church.

My house is on the telly this week in Trout and About this Thursday. It's being shown in the Scottish regions on ITV, you may be able to hunt around the SKY channels and see it in other regions.

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
turnipsock said:
Aktually we are right next to the Church.

My house is on the telly this week in Trout and About this Thursday. It's being shown in the Scottish regions on ITV, you may be able to hunt around the SKY channels and see it in other regions.

Turnip me old mate, its seems a bit excessive to move house next door to the church just to see who turns up early....

Silver Arrow

Reaction score
Who has the key to wind up the clock on this Forum?
I seem to be writing this an hour ahead. Perhaps I really am Dr. Who!

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom