Clutch release bearing noise. hard to replace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike65

Reaction score
Website
www.futuremusiccorp.net
Anyone here ever replaced or had a mechanic replace a noisy clutch release bearing? Mines whined/hissed since I got the car. I was happy enough to live with it, however its getting louder with a definite "click" sound when I declutch. Sounds like I will have to bite the bullet.

Is this a big job?

Mike.

Banned
Reaction score
Hi Mike have never done a 190 petrol but have done a clutch on a 190D 2 litre I suppose there is not any difference apart from the room you have to work in, the gear box is tight to come out you slide it to the rear of the car so far then you have to turn it to get it back the rest of the way. Remember & watch the clutch slave cylinder when removing the box I found it easier to remove it all together the same with the exhaust. And watch for the rocker cover hitting the bulkhead when lowering the box down. I would suggest putting a full clutch assembly when you have got it stripped do. Hope you get on all right with it.

OP
mike65

mike65

Reaction score
Website
www.futuremusiccorp.net
190 said:
. I would suggest putting a full clutch assembly when you have got it stripped do. Hope you get on all right with it.

Sounds like a big enough job so fiting a new clutch kit makes sense, they're not very expensive.

Mike.

TimN

Reaction score
You might get a new bearing as part of the clutch replacement kit which no doubt would be much more cost efficient than buying it alone.

kookie77

New Registration
Reaction score
just had a new clutch fitted(200te) it had a noisy bearing before and it still has, clutch plate was down to rivets though and was not slipping. just going to learn to live with the noise. i also got a noisy tappet, can't get rid of that. good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom