Could I have an opinion please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stulc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C180k
Hi....I'm new here, but I'm going to see a 85' 500SEL tommorow it doesn't have any s/h at all, but it sounds a nice car.
It's mot'd till Ap 04 not tax, he wants £1400 ish for it, would it worth a look?, thanks for any advise.

PS. Is there anywhere I can see some photo's of this.

kensalriser

Reaction score
Unless you're highly experienced in automobile mechanics be very afraid of anything without history.

heckflosse

Reaction score
I would disagree but make sure you look it over wisely.
I don't think it's any more risky than buying a second hand Fiesta for £1400.
My first Mercedes (W123 200) had no history and was one of the best cars I've owned, allmost 200,000 miles when I pasted it on 6 years later and it felt just run in. On the otherhand my old E220 coupe came with lots of Dealer history but suffered a blown headgasket, airflow sensor, throtle body and a few other bits and bobs in only 8 months!

It's a lot of car for £1400. I spent more than that in the last 6 months on repairing the E220!

kiwi_bloke

Reaction score
no service history, no buy

id stay clear if it doesnt have service history. My 230e that i recently sold had no history. After buying it and tracking down the previous service agent, it turned out it hadnt been serviced for 100,000....hence the blue smoke it began to bellow....

Bruce

Reaction score
It depends on how you view your £1400. Its not that much money for a lot of car and if you rekon on a new car depreciating more than that each year the car only needs to last 18months.

If you want the car to last a bit longer/ not cost you too much then get a mechanic to check it out. It may cost a few pounds but it will put you at ease.

Remenber that service historys can be forged, filled in by a mate etc, and are an indication of how much work might have been done. It still wont prevent somthing from breaking.

All the best,

Bruce

ant500sl

Reaction score
You can get a rubber stamp custom made for 15 quid, would that add £1500 to the value of an old 126? Previous post says it all, if it goes pear shaped you'll get 500 to a grand for the parts on Ebay and a little experience for the next time. If you can afford it why not. The engine on a 5k minter can still go when you least expect it.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom