Current build times

Royston59

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 CLS 350 CDI AMG Sport & 2014 C220 CDI AMG Sport edition (Wifeys)
Hi all,
Returning after some absence as the time has come for me to replace my 2014 CLS have I owned for almost 10years.

The buying process has changed significantly since my last incursion and I wondered if anybody had experience of the time MB might take in responding with a build date once you have placed the initial £1k "enquiry" deposit?
Appreciated.

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Brave man, no idea but read plenty of horror stories of delays, specs changing by dealer with take it or lump it attitudes! If I were looking for new, I would seriously consider existing stock/demonstrators.....

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Wombat457

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 E350 3.5ltr V6
Brave man, no idea but read plenty of horror stories of delays, specs changing by dealer with take it or lump it attitudes! If I were looking for new, I would seriously consider existing stock/demonstrators.....

Absolutely! If you can't see it, feel it or drive it - DON'T buy it .... ;)

As for wait times, I can only refer to my model trains where mobs like Atlas, Bachmann etc tell you they are making another XXXX of something and it will be released in XXXX of XXXX year, then want you to pay for the thing in advance to make sure you get one at a slightly reduced price. You then spend the next XXXX months etc listening to their pathetic excuses for why they haven't delivered what they promised and has been paid for. I have heard some situations where they have stopped productoin altogether half way through and adopted the "take it or lump it"attitude as well.

Granted, your not looking at a $100,000 car BUT, the principle is still the same regardless of the item or the cost.

This "pay XXXX amount upfront" before anything is even built is an incredible "Buyer Beware" scenario in my humble opinion.

OP
R

Royston59

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks for the thoughts guys -much appreciated.
I have to say I am new to the dealer agent concept but it seems if I want a particular spec then I must go through the process - what I want simply isn’t on the shelf -frustrating as that is.
Having delved in the “enquiry” deposit is fully refundable and I dont commit to purchase until the car is actually built - so I will know what I’m getting. Payment in full isn’t until collection so safeguards are there BUT te whole process seems incredibly complex for a car buying process eh?
Thanks again

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
You may find the spec you want may be limited if you're buying in the UK.
We seem to be the poor relation as to what we can order. As per @sl500amgsport I'd be looking for a highly spec'd demonstrator rather than new.

OP
R

Royston59

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You may find the spec you want may be limited if you're buying in the UK.
We seem to be the poor relation as to what we can order. As per @sl500amgsport I'd be looking for a highly spec'd demonstrator rather than new.
Spot on there is limited to choose unlike when I bought my CLS a decade ago….it is all packages these days. That said premium plus gives me what I want on a £100k motor so it really is a colour choice. Guess I might just have to be blindly patient until they return.
Cheers

OP
R

Royston59

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Will keep an eye out, seems 2021 is newest currently meeting your spec...

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom