Domestic carpet cleaners for car upholstery

TamOshanter

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c250
Considering buying a VAX carpet cleaner/shampoer to do up the 2 cars

Are these any good. The carpets are very dirty due to mud, kids :mad: Cloth seats are stained because of juice spillages etc. I tried carpet shampoo out of Semichem it didnt do anything regarding stained seat :cry:

Crazycarb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1996 Jag XJ 3.2 , 2x Alfa spiders, 1X Alfa GTV V6 3.0.

Are these any good. The carpets are very dirty due to mud, kids :mad: Cloth seats are stained because of juice spillages etc. I tried carpet shampoo out of Semichem it didnt do anything regarding stained seat :cry:

Possibly a high expenditure for a couple of motors. I often find some of the cheaper products from Wilko/Aldi etc, once applied with some elbow grease thrown in, work very well. Because it's so cheap, you don't have to be sparingly with it either.

Last edited:

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi

A mix of biological washing liquid applied with a spray brushed in left to soak then sponged off will clean cloth seats and carpets and make them smell nice.

Stain treatment is dependent on cause.

A spray extraction machine can be hired or take it too a valeter.

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
If you do buy a carpet cleaer, make sure you get one with the hose and attachments to use on upholstery, not just a carpet cleaner. Guess who did not think of that when buying one......

We have VAX vacuum and carpet cleaner, both do a good job - the carpet cleaner took an amazing amount of muck out of the carpets, but due to our oversight we can't clean the stairs - one of the main wear/muck areas carpeted!

Last edited:

Arzaam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2002 c180
Any one have experience of steam extractor machines? i am really interested in them but they aren't available here.

Last edited:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
We've a VAX steamer, excellent machine use it on all sorts around the house

For carpet cleaning the Autoglym upholstery cleaner is excellent, I had a house radiator leak recently and our carpet cleaner didn't touch it, the Autoglym product was excellent at removing the black stain.

OP
T

TamOshanter

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c250
I stupidly put an allow wheel on the back seat after struggling to put it on in the dark. Later discovered i need a screw in bolt to make this easier

Now the seat is soiled (literally with mud) and black marking. Tried car valet spray to no effect. Please help :(

Arzaam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2002 c180
try a dedicated upholstery cleaner, do you have leather or fabric seats? use a soft brush to agitate the dirt and then wipe with microfibre. on fabric you may use more aggressive stuff such as APC and a scoring pad.

if you are having trouble yourself taking to a professional valet, it will be probably much quicker and tension free and you wont make the seat worse by using the wrong product.

for the black marks a concentrated target cloth stain remover can help

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom