Drive shaft doughnut wear or gearbox Mounts :SL500

Malcolm Johnson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 (M273) & W221 S350 bluetec
Hello all,
Last autumn i noticed a jump on the drive under the car when set at S,, power was applied but a jump was noticed in the cabin
Yesterday in the winter setting C. The jump / misalignment was still noticeable when the right pedal is pressed. (only in strenuous pedal pushing) As we are approaching 18 years this December. I view that the rubber drive shaft doughnuts have passed their best. Question is really do i pay the Mercedes price or do the members know of a good supplier.
My local indie will do the work, i suspect Mercedes get them in from a supplier. Any Suggestions most help full.

am i barking up the wrong tree Gear box Mounts???

Last edited:

rayhennig

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1991 300CE-24 Sportline
do i pay the Mercedes price
I struck lucky with flex discs (doughnuts) from Febi. I ordered Lemfoerder but AutoDoc supplied Febi. I told them I'd send them back but when I saw them they are made by SGF so kosher. They were fitted in 2017 and still look pretty good 70K Kms later.

For gearbox and engine mounts, I'd go to MB as I've heard bad stories about aftermarket mounts.

RayH

OP
M

Malcolm Johnson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 (M273) & W221 S350 bluetec
Thanks for the Comments, thinking on i think i will change the engine mounts (3) , transmission mount or mounts (unsure re quantity) plus doughnuts. Done 86k

But first in the spring the S tank needs its front axle lower suspension arms replacing ( air strut support) can't get rid of my ex work car. Too hard

****** toys :D

will add i know a man who can, not me these days.

Top Bottom