E200k Gear change

ohn202

Reaction score
I recently bought a 4 month old E200k. My previous car was an old 200E Auto Model 124.
I'm getting used to the electronically biased car (compared with the mechanically sound 124) !

I'm experiencing a peculiarity with the E200k. Auto gear change as one moves is v.smooth. However, as one slows done, I could feel the gear kick down to a lower one esp. when slowing down and breaking slowly. I do not remember having this feel in my old 124. This kick down to lower gears is irritating as the slowing down does not feel smooth. (I have defaulted to the "S" mode).

I do not know whether this is inherent in the new model...or is something wrong with my auto gear box ?

Would be appreciate inputs from the E200K owners....

stumpy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
various
Like you, I have a 124 and don't feel the changes on the way down. We have ordered a new E320 CDi which did the same on the test drive as you describe. I think it's a feature - not a fault. They don't make 'em like they used too...................

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I think that you will find that is normal, sometimes they don't do it.

malcolm

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Mine's the same. Light throttle between 25 and 20mph, especially on an incline, there is a noticable change down.. It's interesting that this is still the case on the current model. I suppose its an imperfection compared to the old 124 box but it doen't particularly bother me.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom