E220 twin turbo conversion

Kully E220 Coupe

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've seen a few 300ce 24 Twin turbos on the web, a mate of mine even told me that they are death traps on wheels the one he owned wouldn`t drive in a straight line as it had so much power it kept snaking, anyway back to my post I am thinking of doin a twin turbo onversion on the E220 coupe has anyone attempted this before or do you know where i can get some ifno on undertaking such a project? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

- Kully Panesar :confused:

benzburner

Reaction score
i would be interested in this as well cos my mechanic is grappling with a dodgy 300ce24 twin turbo conversion. and he's not the most greatest fan of computers.

Ian B Walker

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300td
Try contacting kleeman as they do a turbo conversion. Sorry i dont know thier address.

maggot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
190e
I have a twin turbo 300E-24V saloon and it drives very nicely, your mate must be driving like a muppet if he can't control a car that weighs as much as a E class and is only putting out about 280 at the wheels............no offence !

OP
K

Kully E220 Coupe

Reaction score
maggot said:
I have a twin turbo 300E-24V saloon and it drives very nicely, your mate must be driving like a muppet if he can't control a car that weighs as much as a E class and is only putting out about 280 at the wheels............no offence !

Oh i most of forgotten to mention they were two KKK hybrid turbos and the car was actually putting out 450 at the wheels also if you had a car with that much power are you really gonna drive it like a S or an E class and its easy getting the coupes sideways when i first got mine thats all i did call me a muppet if u want but i enjoy driving (obviously this is done when no one else is around and could get hurt i`m responsible like that) so jus bcos you choose to drive all sensibly don`t mean everyone else is the same......... no offence :cool:

p.s i`m looking to go for smaller turbos myself probably a set of cossie ones, looking for about 220BHP compared to my standard 150 if that.

Last edited:

maggot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
190e
I did'nt mean to offend you or your mate, you did say it was your mate driving, but cars out of shape are only down to one thing the driver, regardless of their power output.

Anyway more importantly where is this 450 at the wheels monster ? I scour the net for turbo Mercs and don't recall seeing this mentioned, at least not in the UK. Would love to see pics, specs and a dyno on this baby. Unless its no longer with us of course.

Must have been a very costly rebuild as there is no way you will get 450bhp out of a 300 in standard form, KKK's or no. Look forward to hearing more about it and some pics.

OP
K

Kully E220 Coupe

Reaction score
maggot said:
I did'nt mean to offend you or your mate, you did say it was your mate driving, but cars out of shape are only down to one thing the driver, regardless of their power output.

Anyway more importantly where is this 450 at the wheels monster ? I scour the net for turbo Mercs and don't recall seeing this mentioned, at least not in the UK. Would love to see pics, specs and a dyno on this baby. Unless its no longer with us of course.

Must have been a very costly rebuild as there is no way you will get 450bhp out of a 300 in standard form, KKK's or no. Look forward to hearing more about it and some pics.

Mate no offence taken i was jus bragging ;) i`l get my mate to mail me some pics hes from near edgbaston in birmingham soon as i get the pics i`ll post them, he came down london ways to Middlesex tuning near south harrow to get it dynoed, i`ll post this all up soon, he's sold the car now but still kept load sof pics. We use the same garage in west london to do the engine rebuilds, my cars only just done 3,300 on a completely rebuilt e220 engine this is why i`m thinking its a good time to do the turbo conversion.

OP
K

Kully E220 Coupe

Reaction score
change of idea i want to go for a kompressor type supercharger on my e220 engine any help??

maggot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
190e
Not sure if either turbo's or a blower will prove a big help on a 220 engine. Shame about the expensive rebuild as it would probably prove cheaper in the long run to start with a larger capacity unit and then start with the mods.

That said, Stealth Systems in Southampton do supercharger conversions. The owner has a 190E with a 3.6 engine and Vortech blower.

Look forward to the pics of the turbo 300........450 at the wheels is a lot ! Must have been an interesting ride.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom