E240 Missfire Again

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
golfcarmad said:
i used ecu doctor a few weeks ago for my failing C280.std fault in line 6 cylinder,1+6 dont fire.everything points to ECU-for 30 quid i was informed nothing wrong.opened up loom and its the biggest mess you have ever seen,every single wire (30+) is cracked every 2-4 cms.My problem now is do i buy a new loom (650 quid) with no guarantee it will get car back to 6 cylinders.
ps car running fine on 4 cylinders-poor accelaration and crap MPG but I do run it on LPG so for now-it works.

Have you ever thought about making your own loom, its not that hard when you have one to copy

malcolm

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
golfcarmad said:
i used ecu doctor a few weeks ago for my failing C280.std fault in line 6 cylinder,1+6 dont fire.everything points to ECU-for 30 quid i was informed nothing wrong.opened up loom and its the biggest mess you have ever seen,every single wire (30+) is cracked every 2-4 cms.My problem now is do i buy a new loom (650 quid) with no guarantee it will get car back to 6 cylinders.
ps car running fine on 4 cylinders-poor accelaration and crap MPG but I do run it on LPG so for now-it works.
You really do need to get it back to 6 ASAP. The damage you will do, even in the short term running with a missfire can be serious if not fatal. Differences in temperature, vibration, and unburnt fuel all do damage.
If the loom is shot as you say, I can see little alternative really.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom