E320CDi MY2000

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
Got one of these in with the usual leaking injector seals - black carbon everywhere. It has destroyed the wiring loom and plugs at the injectors. Merc quote £350+VAT for complete engine loom. Anyone have any ideas about a repair section for this or know where I can get some plugs and make up my own?? Car is unfortunately a bit of a rusty old nail.....

psmart

Reaction score
Surely you can just splice the wires together? Assuming its the same as the 270 in my ML, the wires are all free running in the cable trunking top of engine, next to injectors. I realise it will take time. I can PM you the wiring diagram from Car Soft if needed, depends upon how much your time costs against a new loom.

For plugs, try Farnell www.farnellinone.co.uk or Radio Spares at rswww.com.

OP
Uncle Benz

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
I am happy to splice in a new section, but it seems a waste to buy a whole engine loom just to use the injector piece. The plastic plugs are the biggest problem. They are just melted and fall off the injectors - thats why it broke down. I will try your suggestion for plugs and report back. This is obviously common and I don't know why merc can't supply a repair section to splice in.:confused:

psmart

Reaction score
If your just after the injector plugs, then a scrap yard would be a good place to start, not just Mercs, most CDI engines seem to use the same Bosch injectors - www.tdiclub.com for more specific diesel info. A guy there, www.kermatdi.com is sourcing bigger injectors for my ML, might be worth dropping a line to see find any companies which stock the plugs.

lkchris

Reaction score
Website
www.technet.nm.net
Your Mercedes
E320 Bluetec, GL320CDI
EPC lists

168 545 29 28 Pin Bushing Housing, Injection Valves, 2-pin

and

000 540 39 05 Contact Spring

"Pin Bushing Housing" is always Mercedesspeak for the plastic connector blocks.

OP
Uncle Benz

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
Many thanks for those part numbers, lkchris. I will look into it - this looks like what I am searching for!!!!

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom