EGR Valve Pin Connection 2

mibo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ml 350 2011
I've just fitted a new EGR valve which isnt working, it gets stuck open or closed when the turbo boosts up and I get a limp mode. It was fine on the motorway without any harsh acceleration.

I've looked at the old EGR valve an Pin 2 (of 5 total) was bent. What is this pin for? Could this pin have been intentionally bent to prevent a fault being registered previously?

Mercedes ML350 2011

Last edited:
OP
M

mibo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ml 350 2011
icarsoft was showing its position as either 0% or 800% so took it out to clean it. When removing it the flange for one of the bolts snapped so required replacing. The new one will move between 0 and 100% but will occasionally flash to 800%. When the boost kicks in, it then becomes stuck and I have the code 14B700 or a variation of it.

OP
M

mibo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ml 350 2011
So I have fixed it by removing and cleaning the pipe and valve assembly downstream of the EGR valve shown in this picture. The pipes and butterfly type valve were caked in soot and gunk and I guess that messed with the air flow. It is spluttering a bit at lower revs, but no limp mode and no faults. Cant believe the amount of crap the EGR causes to be recirculated in the engine.

Attachments

• pipe.jpg
    pipe.jpg
    817.2 KB · Views: 8

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom