Electric window Squeaking

winston

Reaction score
Hi, the drivers side electric window seems to squeak especially on a hot day any ideas on what i can do to stop this the car is a CLK 230 KOMP.

Thanks

anyweb

Reaction score
Website
www.niallbrady.com
Your Mercedes
c238,w120 (diesel)
i have the same problem, but it is a known fault at least on my C220 (from 1995) Merc document number AF72.10-p-2002E

the cause is the cover (water repelling in window channel above door lock) hits against crank window

so, take a very close look at both front windows and see do you see a vertical mark/scratch about one inch from the edge of the window, if you do, then that's where the noise is coming from and it involves removing the crank operated window, remove the cover and reinstall, then replace the scratched window.

I don't know if this problem is the same on the CLK320 but I thought i'd mention it just in case.

I havn't bothered to do anything with it though,
i just live with it.
cheers
anyweb

Last edited:

Parrot of Doom

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Was an E300TD, now a Lexus LS400
Another option is to spray silicone lubricant on all window guides and rubbers, and also to take a razor blade to the layer of lichen that builds up along the edge of the door.

OP
W

winston

Reaction score
el

Thanks for that guys i'll give it a try with the silicone spray first. My friend has a 1999 c180 and he has the same problem with the drivers side window

Top Bottom