Fan heater Regulator

tavernole

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes S320 Cdi 2007 W221
Can anyone suggest the best online shop to buy a regulator for my fan heater that is not going to cost an arm or leg

Larkone

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C219 CLS 320CDI 2008
The best way to get a range of prices is to google search on the MB part number

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Can anyone suggest the best online shop to buy a regulator for my fan heater that is not going to cost an arm or leg
Fleabay has a range, Autodoc might also be a good source - quality can be variable unfortunately

VitoVanMan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 2005 115 CDI W639, Saab 93 TiD
Now this may appear to go against the grain...but I have found a few items at my main dealership cheaper than eBay....
As a matter of course, I call the parts department to get the price and get them to quote me via email with the right OE part No. for my vehicle, so I know I am looking like for like and the correct equivalent part, at the online source.
Recently I needed a temperature sensor, ebay was more expensive and required postage on top.
Also I find main dealer sensors the only option, as many online versions are the wrong ones and if your OBDII reader gives you the fault code and you fit a dodgy sensor for the fault code I have found this sensor then throws up another half a dozen unrelated faults you never had before.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Now this may appear to go against the grain...but I have found a few items at my main dealership cheaper than eBay....
As a matter of course, I call the parts department to get the price and get them to quote me via email with the right OE part No. for my vehicle, so I know I am looking like for like and the correct equivalent part, at the online source.
Recently I needed a temperature sensor, ebay was more expensive and required postage on top.
Also I find main dealer sensors the only option, as many online versions are the wrong ones and if your OBDII reader gives you the fault code and you fit a dodgy sensor for the fault code I have found this sensor then throws up another half a dozen unrelated faults you never had before.
MB Grangemouth and MB Newcastle both do good deals (including discount for forum members) - often as you've found Main Dealers have better prices - EvilBay and even worse the jungle river website is full of chancers and fakes...

OP
T

tavernole

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB Grangemouth and MB Newcastle both do good deals (including discount for forum members) - often as you've found Main Dealers have better prices - EvilBay and even worse the jungle river website is full of chancers and fakes...
managed to get one from autodoc, unfortunately it did not function properly, phoned them up and hopefully I will get a replacement, unfortunately they use Everi, as the delivery company, they are one pain in the you butt

rayhennig

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1991 300CE-24 Sportline
managed to get one from autodoc
What's the MB part number of the thing you need? That's the best place to start and then, if neessary, source quality aftermarket parts.

AutoDoc supplies some dodgy marques - Febi, Meyle, Ridex - quality with these is variable.

RayH

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Fan regs are rubbish and the aftermarket ones never work.

OP
T

tavernole

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
What's the MB part number of the thing you need? That's the best place to start and then, if neessary, source quality aftermarket parts.

AutoDoc supplies some dodgy marques - Febi, Meyle, Ridex - quality with these is variable.

RayH
I have used them before, and they have replaced the regulator when the one they sent did not work, which I hope they will happen again, if not , get a refund, and then pay through the nose at MB

OP
T

tavernole

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Meyle is the make, replacing with another which has a different part number

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
I would add the same to what others have said. Aftermarket regulators are cheap but generally rubbish and fail quickly to the extent that my local indie refuses to fit them. I'm all for saving dosh but I'd be going to MB for a replacement and gritting teeth when you get the bill like I did.

VitoVanMan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 2005 115 CDI W639, Saab 93 TiD
I would add the same to what others have said. Aftermarket regulators are cheap but generally rubbish and fail quickly to the extent that my local indie refuses to fit them. I'm all for saving dosh but I'd be going to MB for a replacement and gritting teeth when you get the bill like I did.
And don't forget the two year warranty on MB OE parts

OP
T

tavernole

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Looks like l will have to do the same, both units did not work, the second one did not even spin the motor, got a refund, so of to MB

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
I remember older Vauxhall Astras & Zafira having fires due to failed/failing fan regulators. From what I've read, the problem has been due to the after market parts that had been fitted after the originals has failed.
OE can be cheaper in the long run :)

Snake Charmer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 E320 CDI 2004
Are the regulators repairable with better components?

OP
T

tavernole

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Are the regulators repairable with better components?
l do not know, but it would be great if it was possible, although if it is a sealed unit, l do not if it will be possible

Snake Charmer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 E320 CDI 2004
l do not know, but it would be great if it was possible, although if it is a sealed unit, l do not if it will be possible
Do you have the part number to find a photo of the unit?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom