Fuel filter

John Kerr

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W209 CLK 220CDI Sport
I have just bought a W203 220 CDI and doing a full service came to the fuel filter and the feed pipe from it appears to be just a push fit into the top,the old one is secured by a couple of small cable ties.Is there a clamp of sorts that should be on there, has got me puzzled!!

124coupe

Reaction score
Original would have been "use once" metal clips. Sounds like somebody botched last time.

Use jubilee clips.

OP
J

John Kerr

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W209 CLK 220CDI Sport
Thanks for the reply. The outlet pipe is a push fit in the top of the filter. The outlet on the filter has a shoulder on it,I wondered if there was a sliding clip that secured the pipe to the filter.I will have to ask at the dealers.
The only way a jubilee clip would work is if it was wrapped around filter top too bottom.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
John Kerr said:
Thanks for the reply. The outlet pipe is a push fit in the top of the filter. The outlet on the filter has a shoulder on it,I wondered if there was a sliding clip that secured the pipe to the filter.I will have to ask at the dealers.
The only way a jubilee clip would work is if it was wrapped around filter top too bottom.

I am sure that I have seen somewhere that the clips have been deleted on the return fuel lines.

malcolm

124coupe

Reaction score
Dealer should have access to an "exploded view" showing if there should be a clip.

Top Bottom