hard starting, rough idling, stall loving 560SL

nonextant

New Registration
Reaction score
Hi,
I just got back from Iraq and am attending the Armor master gunner course in Kentucky. My wife decided to surprise me by getting my 560SL all tuned up and having the steering components all replaced while I was gone so I could drive it to school.
The car runs great on the freeway, but when first started it turns over but doesn't catch until about the 4th crank... then It loves to stall but start right back up. once I get it running, it idles rough and will stall when I put it in gear. If I put my foot on the brake and give it enough gas to idle at around 1200 rpm it will drive and smoothes out after a block or two. Then it runs just fine. If I shut it down it will start right back up, unless I leave it for about 20 minutes, then I have to go through the whole procedure again.
Does anyone have any idea about how to go about troubleshooting this? I have my service cds but the first disc got damaged and now I can't install the cd's on my laptop. So far I have checked the OVP relay fuse and have started looking for a vacuum leak with negligable results so far. I also started it up this afternoon and noticed a puff of white smoke from under the air cleaner when the car died then surged back to life again before finally stalling. It could be the injectors maybe. I don't know. I would appreciate any advice you guys may have...

Thanks,

SSG Mark Beazley
C Co 1-8 Infantry

Top Bottom