HeadLights On Delay on Departure

Daeths

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T212 facelift, 2013. A few toys including pan roof, 19" rims, Harmon Kardon, nappa, privacy glass.
Have a 2001 210 avantgarde. Am I correct in thinking I have the option on this car to twist a stalk or push a button, or something, and then lock the car within 'X' seconds and the headlamps will come of for 10 seconds. Am I making this up or does it exist ??

If it does ...HOW DOES IT WORK????

Please put me out of misery (and also walking up the drive in the dark and treading on the cat)

Cheers

Adam

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Have a 2001 210 avantgarde. Am I correct in thinking I have the option on this car to twist a stalk or push a button, or something, and then lock the car within 'X' seconds and the headlamps will come of for 10 seconds. Am I making this up or does it exist ??

If it does ...HOW DOES IT WORK????

Please put me out of misery (and also walking up the drive in the dark and treading on the cat)

Cheers

Adam

On my SL it is in the menu under settings where you have the options for interior and exterior lamps and the time that they are on, you could have the same thing

OP
D

Daeths

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T212 facelift, 2013. A few toys including pan roof, 19" rims, Harmon Kardon, nappa, privacy glass.
Cheers Malcolm, I'll give this a go tomorrow.

Adam

OP
D

Daeths

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Brought up the menu and no options for the lights shown - language/litres/gallons/time set, Celcius Farenheit etc.

Any other ideas. My previous Saab was something like flash the lights twice and lock within ten seconds.

Just had a thought should I have gone thru the menu with the ignition off ? I did it with engine running (does it make a difference ??)

Adam

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Brought up the menu and no options for the lights shown - language/litres/gallons/time set, Celcius Farenheit etc.

Any other ideas. My previous Saab was something like flash the lights twice and lock within ten seconds.

Just had a thought should I have gone thru the menu with the ignition off ? I did it with engine running (does it make a difference ??)

Adam

Good point, I can only get to mine with Ign off, that fooled me for a bit

OP
D

Daeths

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Will keep you posted...

Adam

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
If it's available it will be on the computer. However, it may either need enabling via the star unit or else not be available at all. It is there on my 211 but I didn't have it on my 210.

toby1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 CL420 C140; 1997 SL500 R129
Not sure if it's the same system, but mine has it within the "convenience" menu.

However, I yield to those with greater product knowledge.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Not sure if it's the same system, but mine has it within the "convenience" menu.

However, I yield to those with greater product knowledge.

Hi tobby, with some of these things the year of the car dictates some of the features though mainly it is at the start of the new model. Its in my convenience menu on my 2002 car. Its often the upper range of cars that get mods in the middle of its life, but finding these things out is not easy with 9 different versions of the 210 and many for the 211.

I would love to do a complete list of all vins and the features on each, but it can take so long to do.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom