Heated door mirror/Auto dimming

saads7

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 Sport W212
Hi All,

First time posting, I hope someone can help.

Some little scroat has nicked my drivers side door mirror which I now have to replace.

To make it worse they have cut through the heated door element and auto dimming wires. Now it looks like I will have to solder some wire and fit new connectors to get the replacement unit working again.

My question is what type of wire do I need to buy, and connectors?

Any assistance anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Sorry about that - disgusting.
They are not cheap. I replaced my heated, auto dimming on my W220 a few months back. 270 notes.

Keep an eye an on ebay - yours will probably pop up.

Any car cable for 12v. use heat shrink on the solders. apply some grease over the solder, then heatshrink.

The connector will become clear on the new mirror. But talk to your dealer as the mirror you will get from there surely.

Better still look at cars being broken on ebay and ask nicely for the connector and a good few cm of loom - its then an easy solder job based on the wire colours.

good luck

Last edited:

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
.... or maybe a look around a local scrap yard with snips in hand :rolleyes: ..... the connectors are not specific to MB

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
.... or maybe a look around a local scrap yard with snips in hand :rolleyes: ..... the connectors are not specific to MB
Very difficult to wander around scrappies these days :( and pick what you want/need

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Very difficult to wander around scrappies these days :( and pick what you want/need
Just what I was thinking. Maybe its different "oop North" but all the scrappies near me have the parts on a shelf already. H&S 'regulations wouldn't let you near a scrap car nowadays.
Shame I always came away with a pocket full of bulbs that never got used again.;)

Top Bottom