Hello - Newbie here !!

MarkW220

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S55AMG/2001/5.4V8 & S65AMG/2005/6.0V12
Hi !

My name is self evident, almost, from my chosen forum name!!

I have a fairly early W220 - (2001/51) S55 AMG.

I have not used it much the last few years due to health issues.

It's only got 59k on it; that's genuine too as I've owned it since 2004 and have all MOT's history etc.

As most here will know, since I assume most will have a MB similar, not using regularly does the car more harm than good ... :(

So as I try and get her ready for the road I am (pretty inevitably) starting to run into isues; I guess I'll need as much help as I can get for smaller, basic work/s I'll do myself,
plus once the 'basics' are OK and she at least drives acceptably, I'll be looking for a good independent to sort the bigger (electrical, etc, etc :rolleyes:) issues I cannot,
in order to clear those codes and known faults needing more expertise and diagnostics etc.

I'm only about 30/35 miles from Benzworx as far as I can tell,
but their site is dead which is a shame, as I don't know if this would/will become be a suitable 'candidate' for them, or even anything about them.

I'm hoping to get her back on the road whilst the weather is still decent, at least before autumn/winter.

Wish me luck .... :)

Last edited:

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom