Help to remove W124 estate rear load seats

steptoe

Reaction score
Website
gs-shop.com
Your Mercedes
mercedes td250
I'm going to change the rear suspension spheres tomorrow, on my 1989 250TD .

I've had a quick look this evening, and can't see how to get the rear foldaway seats ( in the load area) out.

Any advice please. It'll save me time, rather than finding out the hard way in the morning, when i could be getting on with the real job at hand.

many thanks.

Bolide

Reaction score
Website
www.w124.co.uk
Your Mercedes
BMW 525 Diesel Touring
You can remove them by unbolting the hinges

But I wouldn't bother as removing them doesn't give access to the spheres. They're under the panel in front of the 7 seat stuff, behind the rear seat backrest. There are two hidden posidriv screws in the carpet that secure the panel

Be careful as you remove the floor panel as it's easy to bend. Lifting or removing the quarter panels makes the job easier as it allows you to unbolt the lower seatbelt mounts

I recommend you sit and look at it for 15 minutes before you start

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

OP
S

steptoe

Reaction score
Website
gs-shop.com
Your Mercedes
mercedes td250
Fantastic - Saved me finding out the hard way, many thanks . Now i'll have more time to sit and ponder the real job - changing the spheres.

I've all the parts, as suggested in a thread on "How to change the spheres". First time doing them on a mercedes, a bit more involved than on my citroen , 30 minutes for the rear pair.

Thanks

OP
S

steptoe

Reaction score
Website
gs-shop.com
Your Mercedes
mercedes td250
All done yesterday - First time i've done the suspension sphere replacement job. Took about 4 hours start to finish.
Fairly straightforward, just some suspension fluid in my ear !!

Once you've done it, should be able to do it in 2 - 2 1/2 hours the next time. And with no earfluid .

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom