Holiday in Northern Ireland

AndySlade

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 Diesel Estate, Sports Edition
On a two week holiday in Northern Ireland. Flew from Southampton to Belfast City (George Best) Airport.

Picked up a hire car it’s a Seat Arona FR.

Excellent roads and scenery for driving around, roads seem empty compared to Southern England.

It’s an automatic, well both myself and wife have automatics so it seemed sensible Option.

Car is pretty bland and took a lot of searching on internet in order to be able to:
1. How switch off stop-start (it’s bl**dy annoying!)
2. How to switch off lane guidance, nothing worse than steering fighting you when travelling down narrow country lane and it trying constantly trying to correct you.
You have to do this any time you stop the car and re-start.
Does anyone find these features useful?

Why would anyone pay extra for lane guidance? I have been driving 55years and not felt the need for it.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Also really dislike lane guidance

If you have time the Spade Museum is a great for a visit.

OP
AndySlade

AndySlade

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Also really dislike lane guidance

If you have time the Spade Museum is a great for a visit.

Only about 30mins/18 miles from where we are staying in Larne so will give it a visit. Being National Trust members it’s free entry and parking, what’s not to like.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Only about 30mins/18 miles from where we are staying in Larne so will give it a visit. Being National Trust members it’s free entry and parking, what’s not to like.
The Crumlin Road Goal is also worth a visit, not somewhere I’d normally want to go though…

OP
AndySlade

AndySlade

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Unfortunately Patterson’s Spade mill is not open. Have already been to Titanic exhibition and Crumlin Road Gaol. Both well worth the visit.
The Crumlin Road Goal is also worth a visit, not somewhere I’d normally want to go though…
As weather seems to be holding fine, sunny and warm (excellent for NW200 races), we may try an open topped bus tour of Belfast.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Unfortunately Patterson’s Spade mill is not open. Have already been to Titanic exhibition and Crumlin Road Gaol. Both well worth the visit.

As weather seems to be holding fine, sunny and warm (excellent for NW200 races), we may try an open topped bus tour of Belfast.
Pity about the spade museum :(
Little road trip to the devils causeway (also national trust) and Bushmills distillery :):cool:

Titanic I found very moving - (I was merchant navy for 5 years)
Crum hit hard with the wardrobe

OP
AndySlade

AndySlade

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well today we went to the Ulster Folk and Ulster Transport Museums. Recommend both. Why is it in the museums I see stuff I remember from my childhood? I must be getting old. Particularly liked the Blacksmiths Forge and Printing Press at the Folk museum. Transport museum had a good mix of trains, buses cars and motorbikes.

Top Bottom