Hot engine bay

tjakc

Reaction score
My merc c220 some times wont start after a journey, have opened bonet and noticed that the front cross bar is very hot, not able to touch, hot, anyone any ideas? :(

Ultymate

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C230K Estate 1998
By the front cross bar I assume you mean the bonnet landing panel as this sits right abve the radiator and any heat left in the cooling system and or engine will tend to rise this panel will tend to stay warm. providing you're getting normal readings from your temperature guage I would say you have nothing to worry about. I doubt this would be the cause of your hot starting issue ;)

Parrot of Doom

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Was an E300TD, now a Lexus LS400
My TVR sometimes wouldn't start when hot, because the wire to the starter motor was too small. The resistance of the wire rose as the temperature rose, and as a result you had to leave the bonnet open for 5 minutes to allow it to cool down.

Sorted it by buying a kit, which consisted of a relay that took its power directly from the battery, connected the old small wire to the relay for the switch :)

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom