Immobiliser LED

LeeW

Reaction score
The green door LED has gone on my C250D 1996.Is it just a question of replacing the part on door handle and must I buy it from MB?Thanx Lee.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
LeeW said:
The green door LED has gone on my C250D 1996.Is it just a question of replacing the part on door handle and must I buy it from MB?Thanx Lee.

Cant answer exactly, if it is only the LED and not the driver circuit well then I would replace just the LED. MB will not supply the LED on its own, but you will have to take it out first to see how it is made, it could be just a dry joint on the PCB, see how you get on. I can tell you where to get a LED they are all the same, only the outline differs.

malcolm

OP
L

LeeW

Reaction score
Thanks for that Malcolm.To be honest I cant see how to replace the LED, the unit fits into the door handle assembly and seems sealed.Perhaps I can get one from breakers.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
LeeW said:
Thanks for that Malcolm.To be honest I cant see how to replace the LED, the unit fits into the door handle assembly and seems sealed.Perhaps I can get one from breakers.

Before you do that are you sure that it is the LED and not an alarm fault.

What is happening with the alarm, does anything work.

malcolm

OP
L

LeeW

Reaction score
Only got an immobiliser,Malcolm.Yes everything works fine.The red led flashes when immobiliser is armed,but not the green when I unlock the car(the green led flashes on rear view mirror as it should.
Lee.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I just wanted to check that out first, the led is only an indication of whats happening,and status, is it important

malcolm

OP
L

LeeW

Reaction score
It's not crucial, just that I like to have everything 100%

Also I heard that if led on mirror goes I would not be able to take off immobiliser. Lee.

Top Bottom