Impatient motorists.

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
Going back to the depot today, in my ride on mower, top speed 11mph, I was approaching one of those traffic islands where pedestrians cross the road, instead
of waiting for me to get past the island and then pass me, they went around me and the island, so on the other side of the road, happens on a regular basis by the way. I've often wondered what would happen if there was a cop car coming the other way, well today I found out, the copper spun round and went after them, by the time I reached them, they'd been pulled over and the book was out, so I'm presuming that's a fine and points, for the sake of a few seconds. (Roll eyes)

lewyboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
I am guilty of impatience in my own village, lots of tourists around who seem to come to a near halt every time the sea comes into view. I resist doing anything about it though other than sigh to myself.

I have noticed that when I’m in unknown territory local drivers can be twats.

OP
SmartAmg

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Oddly enough, Two days earlier (Weds 7am) probably half a mile from my incident we had a fatality involving a Council bin wagon and a fiesta, I passed probably about 15 mins after it happened, the police waving us through, the fiesta was destroyed, must have hit at some speed, there's only one winner between a bin wagon and a fiesta, early reports are bin wagon driver totally innocent, 47 year old woman died. Sad.

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
I find the impatience hilarious to watch and no doubt these are the half wits who probably whinge about fuel costs, filling up on regular fuel and running on budget tyres. Their acts are staggering at times but one thing I’ve noticed is, how dare you, as a driver, slow down or stop, when needing to turn off into a side street/driveway and/or give way to people already crossing. You just sit watching the rear view mirror thanking god they just avoided rear ending you and saved themselves a roadside beat down had they hit you.

Sadly people are pretty shockingly dreadful at the wheel with sweet f.a for roadcraft skills, self control and common sense.

They cause their own sh!t and blame everyone else….

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Going back to the depot today, in my ride on mower, top speed 11mph, I was approaching one of those traffic islands where pedestrians cross the road, instead
of waiting for me to get past the island and then pass me, they went around me and the island, so on the other side of the road, happens on a regular basis by the way. I've often wondered what would happen if there was a cop car coming the other way, well today I found out, the copper spun round and went after them, by the time I reached them, they'd been pulled over and the book was out, so I'm presuming that's a fine and points, for the sake of a few seconds. (Roll eyes)
@Blobcat we need a roll eyes emoji

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
I get impatient with those that sit in the outside lane of a dual carriageway & eventually get to 30 on an otherwise quiet road .... if you insist on doing the limit, then f*** off to the nearside lane & let me pass! :rolleyes:

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
I get bemused when overtaking on country B roads, and despite completing the overtake and moving back to the left lane before any oncoming traffic has even got anywhere near, they start flashing their lights and gesturing as they go by. Some people appear to think overtaking is illegal?

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi

Snake Charmer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 E320 CDI 2004
I see plenty of impatient motorists on my commute to work, most of which I catch up at corners or traffic lights. Quite often I end up in front of them as they just have to be in lane 2 at the lights with the important people on their phones and stop start engines.

OP
SmartAmg

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Got to love instant karma.

I’ve see it happen to impatient motorists twice (both times in Oz where the cops like to lurk in the bushes and have loads of unmarked cars). 1x when a person passed me on a solid line (I was towing a caravan) - car behind him was an unmarked police car & 1x someone went through a red light from a side road ahead of me and the car behind me was a unmarked police car.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I confess to impatience
However in nice sunny weather the E300 stays at home and the Honda superbike comes out.
It doesn't like following things either and wilfully encourages me.
Bad bike.
I had a Ducati like that… ;)
Both my current bikes are bad enough, the Ducati was on another level though

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
I’ve noticed more and more people driving in the 3rd lane or 4th if you’re on a smart motorway towing trailers. Most of the time it’s car transporting with a van and trailer but seen pickups with motorway maintenance on the back towing in the outside lane but never seen a car and caravan.

Reactions: DSK

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
Grass needs cutting, you just have to wait for the mowers, and overtake when safe to do so. No point in racing on our tiny congested roads. Leave time for your journey. I know I sound like my Grandad, but it's true. Learn to appreciate them, without people cutting the grass and hedges we wouldn't be able to drive on the roads or see where we are going.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Oddly enough, Two days earlier (Weds 7am) probably half a mile from my incident we had a fatality involving a Council bin wagon and a fiesta, I passed probably about 15 mins after it happened, the police waving us through, the fiesta was destroyed, must have hit at some speed, there's only one winner between a bin wagon and a fiesta, early reports are bin wagon driver totally innocent, 47 year old woman died. Sad.
Car driver has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving - was also uninsured :mad:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-66210588

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
The obvious answer is one of these and the mighty mower will prevail;

Now that’s a machine the mrs can’t argue with!

You can mow the lawn in seconds, earn few bob on the commute to/from work and still get giggles on demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom