Independent Service in Surrey / Berkshire

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZRCD13

Reaction score
I'm looking for an independent servicer in Surrey. Any recommendations? I live in Virginia Water, but would be happy to drive a ways for a good independent servicer. I have an L reg E220 in great shape, but I'm past due now for the 90,000 mile service.

Thanks for any help / guidance.

Kinky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R500
Ray,

I was in a similiar predicament to you - with a '93 L.

I ended up going with Tony Purslow over in Basingstoke and I have to confess they have given me the best service I could ever have wished for.

Whilst I'm only down the road from you, we have GreenOaks on our door step (South Ascot) I have personally avoided them like the plague after a number of incidents a few years ago over at their Slough garage.

Anyhow - with the 8 year+ discount we get on the service it's pretty comparable in price to that of an independant.

As far as I'm concerned Purslows rock and I'd recommend them 1000% of the time. As do many more people, which is why (in part I'm sure) they've been voted MB dealer of the year for the past 2 years (I think that was it anyway).

K

mjtray

Reaction score
I agree with the comments re Purslows......great customer service and put the likes of Greenoakes to shame and they're cheaper!

Cheers

OP
Z

ZRCD13

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'll try Purslow's!

Richard W

Reaction score
Would agree with Mark's comments about Greenoaks - they were terrible!

Haven't found any other independant so far.

R

Reaction score
Try Boxer Motorworks in Ashford (near Feltham) on 01784251233. They rebuilt the engine on my 85 107 after the timing chain slipped. Two months on and no problems and their pricing was reasonable.

Sam Raouf

Status
Not open for further replies.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom