Ipod connectivity

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2006 CL55 AMG
Hello all,

I'm collecting a 2006 CL55 AMG this weekend.

Is there any way of adding iPod connectivity to the standard head unit.

I'm not really sure which head unit it is, as I'm a newbie to Mercedes.

I've added a picture of the unit, so any help you guys could offer would be much appreciated.

Regards

Brian

Attachments

• cl55.jpeg
    cl55.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 7
OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2006 CL55 AMG
Hi Naraic,

Thank you for your response, and for your product suggestion.

I'll look into that initially, but I was looking for something a bit more permanent if possible; with maybe a lead that goes into the glove box.

Regards

Brian

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
I'm sure someone knows. But, I, like many, have replaced my system with a look-a-like Android system because the Bose amp gave up the ghost.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2006 CL55 AMG
Thank you,

that may be another solution. Was it hard to find a supplier/installer for the android kit?

Wearsafoxhat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55k :S211, SL500 :R129 , V220
I have a lead supplied by MB that sits in the glove box for my iPod. Have a different, but the original head unit in my 2005 E class.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2006 CL55 AMG
I'm sure someone knows. But, I, like many, have replaced my system with a look-a-like Android system because the Bose amp gave up the ghost.
Thank you,

that may be another solution. Was it hard to find a supplier/installer for the android kit?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2006 CL55 AMG
I have a lead supplied by MB that sits in the glove box for my iPod. Have a different, but the original head unit in my 2005 E class.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi,

Thank you for your response.

You wouldn't y any chance have a picture of the lead, or remember what MB listed it as.

Regards

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Welcome Brian. Contact these people with your VIN and they will tell you what you can do with your car re anything Mercedes OEM. If you happen to be near J3 of the M3, they can also do the work. They are forum sponsors and very well regarded on here.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2006 CL55 AMG
Welcome Brian. Contact these people with your VIN and they will tell you what you can do with your car re anything Mercedes OEM. If you happen to be near J3 of the M3, they can also do the work. They are forum sponsors and very well regarded on here.
Thank you so much for your response. I’ll drop them an email to see what they can help with.

many thanks

Brian

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom