Just bought a 190e

deck_190

Reaction score
Hey guys, im new to this site. Just swapped a VR4 powered cordia for a 1987 190e. Really straight body and interior. Engine is a little rough. I dont get my license back for 4 months so i have a bit of time to fix it up. Just a few questions, if anyone could answer them for me that would be great.

1. How expensive are these cars to service?
2. My Car doesnt start well when its cold. Takes ages to get it going and keeps starting then dying and idling really low until it gets a bit of heat. What could this be?
3. this car is very gutless, are they all like this?
4. I think the front shocks are rooted, how much is a new set and where can i get some from?
5. Does anyone have a rear R/H Tail light and the two front chrome wheel arch covers i could buy of them?
6. And finally what sort of problems do the 190e's have and are they generally reliable?

Thanx guys
Nathan

mike65

Reaction score
Website
www.futuremusiccorp.net
For parts new and used check out www.mercman.com (Southampton) or German, Swedish and French or Eurocarparts.

The 190 is no more expensive than a Mondeo to service and parts are not expensive if you avoid the main dealers.

Front shocks are about 100 + vat for a pair

Are 190s relaible, is any car reliable? It depends on how abused its been. But a model thats had a modicum of care wil last forever really.

Gutless, which engine is it? The 1.8 and 2.0 models are not going to set the world on fire. If power is your bag you'll have to aim higher.

For more 190 knowledge check out www.190revolution.net and www.mercedes190.com

Mike.

OP
D

deck_190

Reaction score
Yeah those sites sound helpful, thanx for the help. Just with the engine and starting problems, i read over that post but my problem is a little different. My car doesnt start fine the second time. It will start and idle low for a bit then idle normal, and then after about ten seconds it will drop down to a real low idle again and keep going up and down until it warms up a bit. And i try to give it gas before its warm the engine just dies. I think the car is running rich as the economy needle stays in the red the whole time while driving. Im thinking of taking it to ultratune or somewhere like that. Do you think a tune will help? Any other ideas guys?

Cheers
Nathan

mike65

Reaction score
Website
www.futuremusiccorp.net
You should certainly get the fuel=air mix reset. It'll drift out of true over time and I bet the throttle air body interior is grimy around the butterfly flap at the bottom. Chances are it needs a good clean though.

Mike.

Top Bottom