Leather/wood steering wheel

papeter17

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can buy a Leather/wood steering wheel with air bag for W124 (M Reg E320 Estate I recently bought) Am also looking for a matching gear knob.

Anyone point me in the right direction I would owe them a big drink!

Could do with a new set of walnut wood interior kit as well!

Thanks

Peter

The Editor

Reaction score
Hi Peter,

I think you will find that you have to be licenced to fit anything with an air bag. They are classed as explosives and therfore there fitment is regulated.

So.

1) You mave have a problem getting hold of one if you don't have the requisite licence/permit/explosives certificate (no that's not a joke)

2) If you DO manage to get one and fit it you may well invalidate your insurance in the event of an accident.... These loss adjusters are VERY good at what they do and have access to information you would not believe.

Just my two cent's worth. Anybody shoot me down in flames if they know better.

Regards

Mark

The Editor

Reaction score
Right..... don't bother I'll pour petrol all over myself and set fire to my hair.......

You CAN buy steering wheels with air bags and presumably fit them yourself !! (as I've just found out)

Now excuse me while I burn.......... :sad:

SLinKyjoe

Reaction score
Any MB dealer can supply you with the parts you want. they will also fit them if you take out a second mortgage.

perhaps and decent indy will source and fit them too...

try these http://www.trimtechnik.net/

Last edited:
OP
P

papeter17

Reaction score
Thanks for all your replies. I really value and appreciate being on this forum!

Peter

peterchurch

Reaction score
pentoman said:
www.mercedesperformance.co.uk have a nice range of wood/leather OEM wheels. I've never bought from them but was in contact with them about their wheels when thinking about it. They were very helpful and emailed pictures of the wheels I was interested in.

Russell

This company are good however a few months ago they had a wheel up on Ebay for my SL at about £200 when I equired they upped the price to £350 plus vat on the basis that they need to be hand made to order...

I _PERSONALLY_ feel that they just import them from Germany after I got a gear knob that they was selling for £145 for Eu 90,00 so your best bet is looking for german companies that sell them... If you already have an airbag you should be able to buy a split wood version that fits the bag...

Best of luck

Top Bottom