Light in Back Trunk Question?

UsedMB

Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought my 2004 E320 for a couple of weeks now. I only drove it a couple of times. I tend to do that with my "good" car.

I had my Lexus LS400 for 15 years and only had 100K miles. My car was in prestine condition until my wife wreck her minivan and then promptly totaled my Lexus after only two more months on the road. Totaling a 1990 car is pretty easy. Just a big dent on the rear quarter panel, and the car is considered totaled. My wife is still driving it with a big old dent in the rear quarter panel. We bought the Lexus back from the insurance for $500!

Sorry for long story, but here's my question: Since I don't drive my "good" car that much, I usually connect my trickle charger to the battery while it sits in my garage awaiting to be driven. The E320 battery is in the back trunk, and the trunk lights go on with the trunk open. Will the lights go off after a while of inactivity? I hate to run down my battery to figure that out. Anybody know?

Thanks,

Vincent

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Once the boot lamp has gone out the consumption from that circuit is only 2 ma so nothing to worry about.

If all does not go well,let the wife drive it :rolleyes:;)

OP
U

UsedMB

Reaction score
Thanks once again!

Hi Malcolm,

Thanks again for exercising extreme patience with newbie like myself with your vast MB knowledge. You are a scholar and a gentleman.

Vincent

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom