Looking for a 60's Merc ! - Where to look?

69Coupe

Reaction score
Hello folks,
     I'm currently searching for either a 6 cylinder Fintail or another Coupe.

Can anyone tell me the best places to look. I've bought various magazines (Which is best) and I've looked at countless websites to some success.

What about acuctions, anyone got some good URL's?

BTW, I know this sounds silly but can I assume that a 220S Fintail is a carb fed motor and the SE is Fuel Injection ?

Thanks again for your help !

paulcallender

Banned
Reaction score
69Coupe said:
Hello folks,
* * *I'm currently searching for either a 6 cylinder Fintail or another Coupe.

Can anyone tell me the best places to look. I've bought various magazines (Which is best) and I've looked at countless websites to some success.

What about acuctions, anyone got some good URL's?

motors.ebay.co.uk??

69Coupe said:
BTW, I know this sounds silly but can I assume that a 220S Fintail is a carb fed motor and the SE is Fuel Injection ?

Thanks again for your help !

Yes, the E indicates fuel injection.

Bolide

Reaction score
Website
www.w124.co.uk
Your Mercedes
BMW 525 Diesel Touring
Buying classics

I think the best advice when buying classics is to join the relevant clubs and spend time with club members. You'll learn a lot in a short time that way and you'll get to see many more cars than going to dealers. You'll also get the lowdown on what to look out for

The main thing you'll get, though, is the knowledge of what not to buy. There are always unloved versions of every car and it's easy to buy one of those due to lack of knowledge of the model range

The big shows at places like Beaulieu, Brooklands, NEC, NAC, etc, particularly the single-club shows, are the places to go. Take your digital camera, notebook & anorak and research what you want thoroughly!

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom