maty72 500sl 82 what is it worth?

marty72

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes 500sl 1982
hi there,
I wonder if you could help me I have in my possession a 1982 Mercedes 500sl auto, straight red with cream leather has 69k on the clock also hardtop no splits in fabric hood runs great.im looking to sell the vehicle as I have lost my premises, I myself am a body tech but now im snookered what to do with it the car is pretty good although some complete amateur has tried to put rear arches in absolutely **** job! new wing and sill fitted to nearside 'poorly' has new wing for os and sil also.... car comes with brand new Mercedes bought bumpers and loads of other parts and receipts etc.... I bought car for £3700 please could you give me an idea what I should be asking for it many thanks

OP
M

marty72

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes 500sl 1982
re 82 500sl

just to add the car is complete bar a aftermarket nardi steering wheel has 5 '15 hole' alloys a stainless exhaust... comes with thousands worth of genuine replacement parts mot ran out in jan 15 the registration is hex798y and v5 is present, thanks again
I am actually gutted that I'm unable to restore this iconic vehicle but I hope someone else can breathe new life into this beaut.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
All one can do is to look at those for sale and price the car accordingly.

OP
M

marty72

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes 500sl 1982
hi is anyone seeing my post im new to this?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
It is not an easy question, and not that many on here know much about a 107

OP
M

marty72

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes 500sl 1982
82 500sl whats it worth

hey thanks guys, as for the car been restored and pricing accordingly well...... fully restored cars are 18 grand .....restos am not so sure as cannot find a 500 couple of others for 3 4 or 5 but not the 500sl is this the most desirable model? I have the ability to restore the car but im gutted that at this time im unable to, this is not a big restoration in my own eyes I mean it was mot'd last year...... thanks for your help everyone

OP
M

marty72

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes 500sl 1982
hey also is there a specialized Mercedes sl owners club? thanks again

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Possibly best to advertise in one of the classic car magazines.Very hard to put a price on it..
Good possible venture for Wheeler Dealers or that other one, Car SOS, they do seem to do a fine job on their restorations.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom