MB Finance. Cheers MB (Not).

merc7

Reaction score
The new offers starts after end of September ,wait & see what they had to offer!!,the previous offer ended in June was better ,deposit was less +monthly payments were less too>
PS you can get the monthly payment even less what they advertise it it depends how desperate to meet their target(right place right time):confused::D

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Suffice to say, I'm not replacing the CLK with another MB. And, following a similar conversation at Audi, I won't be enjoying an A6 2.0TDIe at the price advertised on their website either.

So it's a toss-up between a Lexus IS220d, VW Passat CC 2.0TDI or a Volvo T5.

I'm sorry to leave MB again but if they're going to waste my afternoon discussing something they can't offer, they can you-know-what.

SeekerUk you know I sympathise with your problem but you are in danger of cutting off your nose to spite your face here.

These offers are clearly set out on the website and at dealers. They have been incredibly popular and of course some models and some specs get sold out early. Not unnaturally the cheaper ones tend to go first. The offer clearly states it is applied to cars in stock and available for delivery by a given date. And any salesman, or anyone here, would tell you that extras add to the repayments. They aren't free.

If you wait the offer will be renewed and new stock will be made available. Watch the website or ask your dealer to keep in touch and get in early if you want one with minimum spec as they go quickly. There will be great deals as we move towards Christmas as they give discounts on top of the offers to shift stuff to boost their annual sales and bonuses.

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
We've discussed this before - it's often difficult to take advantage of the offers as they're only on stock cars and the offer runs out before a factory ordered car would arrive.

I've no idea why MB (and others) do this - customers who pursue these offers are only going to end up getting annoyed. What's the use of that?

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
We've discussed this before - it's often difficult to take advantage of the offers as they're only on stock cars and the offer runs out before a factory ordered car would arrive.

I've no idea why MB (and others) do this - customers who pursue these offers are only going to end up getting annoyed. What's the use of that?

Rory I know you miss no chance of a dig at car makers but this is not remotely fair. They have some stock they want to shift. They put on attractive offers. Lots of people get what they want (or close to it) until stocks run out. Some get disappointed. Ever been to a sale? Happens all the time. Most people love them. I have bought two cars, in the past, in these offers and got very near my exact spec, and my daughter got her A180cdi Avantgarde in one of the past offers. Long may they come. Big savings but of course you lose the chance to specify exactly what you want. Strike early and there is usually lots of choice. Go late -choice is limited. Same at a dance and in most of life.

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Lots of people get what they want (or close to it) until stocks run out.

Lots?

If they've got specific stock to shift then they should list it.

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Lots?

Yes lots.
As for listing all stock, do you know any manufacturer who does that? Very commercially sensitive and so much you could deduce by watching changing stock levels.

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Seeker UK I'd be very surprised if we don't get the normal autumn launch of tasty offers at end Sept for the final quarter of the year. Best time for bargains IMO. And not just from MB but probably widespread. Patience might reap rewards?

Last edited:
OP
Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK

Reaction score
I just don't know anymore.

All I know is that the CLK is uncomfortable and impractical and if I do wait until Sep, there is a strong chance that any +ve equity I may have in the car will be lost.

I also know that the cars which best suit me and my back are pretty much out of my price bracket and likely to remain so.

I wish I'd never bought the ****** CLK, it's causing me a lot of hassle which car ownership shouldn't and it's causing me hassle at a time I really don't need it. Granted it's self-inflicted but I'm beginning not to see a way out of this.

OP
Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK

Reaction score
Lots?

If you sit down and try and find a car at the dealer, they basically show you the list.

You can see how none of them are basic spec. ;)

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
If you sit down and try and find a car at the dealer, they basically show you the list.

You can see how none of them are basic spec. ;)

That's becuase you are at the end of the offer. High spec ones tend to go last. New offer begins end September/October 1st and new stock on offer usually.

PeterCLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 204 Elegance saloon 220 cdi
Re. seats.
Like you I suffer from back problems and before I bought the CLK I tried out various models - lexus being one of them. I found the seats to be small and unsupportive. Mind you , that was 5 years ago so they may have improved.

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That's becuase you are at the end of the offer..

No it's not - it's because there are very few, if any, basic spec vehicles on offer. OK, maybe that happens on A and perhaps B class which would rarely be loaded with options, but basic models of anything else can easily be offloaded onto fleets.

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
No it's not - it's because there are very few, if any, basic spec vehicles on offer. OK, maybe that happens on A and perhaps B class which would rarely be loaded with options, but basic models of anything else can easily be offloaded onto fleets.

Not my experience. And far better to sell to retail customers than fleets who get bigger discounts.

When an offer first comes out there is a wide selection. Cheapest ones tend to go first. So towards the end it is highly specced ones left. Moral is: get in early if you don't want many extras.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom