MBUX. NTG6 - USB Ports

Woodleigh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S213 - AMG E 53 - 4MATIC - Premium Plus - Night Edition - Mild Hybrid Estate.
Does anybody know why MBUX / NTG6 only support one USB-C Port in the centre console; and can it be upgraded to support both ports?

Larkone

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C219 CLS 320CDI 2008
As USB C is the latest incarnation not sure what you would see as being an upgrade. You can get cables that allow legacy connections to USB C but you haven't said which one. What do you mean by 'both' ports?

1713080266988.png
Comparison of legacy USB connector plugs, omitting the current standard Type-C plugs

Go Here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_hardware

and scroll down to USB cables table where there is a table of which plugs are compatible on the other end of a USB C cable.

Last edited:
OP
Woodleigh

Woodleigh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
All the ports in my car are USB-C, and there are two in the centre console.
The issue is (and as I understand it is a known problem) if I insert a USB-C flash drive with music into one port and another USB-C flash drive with speed cams into the 2nd port only one port will work.

PS: I use USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 Flash Drives and have now resorted to putting my music, speed cams and dash cams on one flash drive but in separate folders which is ok but not ideal.

Last edited:

Larkone

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C219 CLS 320CDI 2008
Ah OK now I get it. It sounds like the internal s/w can only support one USB port at a time. It will probably allow charging from both but not data from both

OP
Woodleigh

Woodleigh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
The online manual for your car only specifically mentions Apple devices but says:
”When connecting several Apple® devices simultaneously, pay attention to the order in which the devices are connected. The MBUX multimedia system only connects with the device that is connected first. Additional Apple® devices that are connected at the same time are only supplied with power.”

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom