mercedes 190e cooling fan,

rick 1

Reaction score
hi,i own(and love) a 92 mercedes 190e 2.0iauto,the thing is the cooling fan refuses to cut in,causing the engine to run hot.i replaced the cooling fan sensor in the cylinder head to no avail,yet when i joined the two wires that run to the sensor together the fan runs constantly.does any one have any ideas?cos im miffed.also the engine runs lumpy(misfires,revs its self up)whether its hot or cold.ive heard from a fellow 190 owner it could be the emitions sensor,could this be right??? any info,advise,would be gratefully received.thanks rick 1.

Stevie A

Reaction score
Could new temp sensor be faulty? Can be tested in water with a battery and bulb. Or maybe there is no water / coolant at sensor area caused by airlock / low coolant, so it is not switching in order to tell fan to work.

If air lock - Remove coolant resevoir top up lid and give top rubber hose next to head a good squash with hand until air bubbles stop coming out.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
As Stevie A says, got to be the sender faulty and a good way to test it.

malcolm

OP
R

rick 1

Reaction score
Stevie A said:
Could new temp sensor be faulty? Can be tested in water with a battery and bulb. Or maybe there is no water / coolant at sensor area caused by airlock / low coolant, so it is not switching in order to tell fan to work.

If air lock - Remove coolant resevoir top up lid and give top rubber hose next to head a good squash with hand until air bubbles stop coming out.
thankyou,ill try that.

OP
R

rick 1

Reaction score
cheers for the help,this sites great.thanx.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom