mercedes c200 indicator faults

reiteen

New Registration
Reaction score
hi,

i have a 1996 C-200 and the indicators have stopped work. I have put new bulbs in but nothing works. I also have not dash board lights. Anyone know what could be wrong? I have also put in a new relay anda new switch.

C220GJS

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W202 C220 Elegance
Regarding your dashboard lights , check that your dimmer switch is not turned to minimum, it is the left side knob that sticks through the instrument panel glass. Make sure it is turned fully clockwise.

cozymerc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes 190e Peugeot Coupe and Chrysler Grand Voyager.
Have you got a tow bar fitted if so there is a small rectangular box in the rear housed in the boot its a signal indicator booster that if gets wet due to water ingress into the boot wells can cause this common problem only way to solve is to disconnect all wires into this unit and seal wires with electrical tape this has cured the problem on at least three mercs including mine, it needs to be replaced if towing trailer or caravan, only found this solution due to my son who is an electronics graduate, Thanks to Jason who re-wires Fireengines now for a job.

Last edited:

cozymerc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes 190e Peugeot Coupe and Chrysler Grand Voyager.
I have now changed the Indicator relay because the Hazard Flasher swith was faulty the right indicators worked fine but the left side was only a slight glow the engine revs also dropped when indicating left only no problem when indicating right when i put the hazard switch on we get no indicators or right only the relay had blown thers a metal m shaped steel bar inside upon inspection this was burned out so I have now changed the relay with a new one and ordered an replacement Hazard switch which seems to be the root cause of the problem. 1988 2.6L 190E

Last edited:

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom