Mercedes E200 Tranny Oil Change Report...Please Read

heavy747

Reaction score
Hi Chaps

It's been a week nearly now and just want to pass on my feelings on automatic tranny oil and filter change:

The car drives very very positve now with no yanking and heavy pushing on the accelator - I just touch the gas peadal and she flies!! The gear change in the cold mornings is much faster and no hanging around in lower gears.

The main difference I have noticed has to be on the MPG - I do a 80 mile journey per day and fill up with £10 petrol return. I have noticed the petrol needle goes down a lot slower now and uphill acceleration is very crisp.

Finally gears seem to whine less.........I have used MB's best recommended electronic box nectar for all this and feel it was worth it. If you intend to do this suggest you do it using the best tools you can buy otherwise you will mess up big time. Torque converter screw is allen key 5mm as is the sump screw. You need a socket for this. Sump screws are star type torx 5mm which you should not overtighten only nip tight when doing up sump lid. There is the possibility of breaking part of the aluminium gearbox off so absolutely no heavy handedness at all. Do an overnight drain with sump lid on from torque converter and sump!!

I am sorry if I have waffled on but I feel very passionate about what I have done and stress be careful when working under these heavy beasts.

Best Wishes and Best of Luck
heavy747:cool:

Last edited:

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom