Mercedes sprinter 311cdi power loss

Flash1304

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter/2002/2.1
Brake switch is the first place to look.

Hi all,

Is this the switch located at the brake pedal?

I have had the yellow brake warning light on the dash light up whenever it's wet, which is quite often here in south Wales.

Cheers

marcus1974

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter 208 2.1cdi 2004
Noobie needing help.

Hi guys have to say this site is brilliant and full of really good advice. I'm after a little help I have a 2004 208cdi 2.1 which is having the same problems no power once the engine warms up. I have read all your posts and have started having a look at my van, I'm struggling to find
1. The egr valve
2. The turbo actuator are they in a different location on the 2.1
3. I'm losing around 500ml of coolant a week but cannot find a leak anywhere in the system. No smoke or anything and nothing in the oil or coolant and not loosing oil.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

damoc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 sprinter 311 cdi
Hi guys - thanks for all the great help and advice here on this forum,

posted this in another thread also but reposting here for visibility -

- I had similar problems - 2005 sprinter 311cdi ( 130miles ) - intermittent loss of acceleration/power progressing over time ( 6 months) to near constant lack of power.
replaced the brake switch as suggested here and got an instant improvement. But after a week or so started to get an occasional issue again ( same lack of power ) - now that I knew what to look for I noticed that it would only happen after braking to gear down/or take a bend. when you tried to accelerate again there was no power. Also noted it more after a longer time driving ( more then 30 min ) and never first thing in the morning.
now believe it also to be related more to fatigue/weakness on the return spring pulling up ( or at least helping to pull up ) the brake arm which pushes on the brake switch plunger for actuating the brake lights. it is 12 years old at this point!

im looking to replace this and note any further difference/improvement.

any thoughts on this?

thanks

Alexgbird

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 sprinter 311
hi,got similar problems with my 2005 311 cdi,runs fine then power goes very flat especially on motorway this last week,van struggles to get over 60mph when it starts playing up,can have problems one way on a journey then when you jump in for return trip it can be fine,any ideas as to what is going on?
Did you ever get to the bottom of this problem I have similar problems

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom