Missing features of a new GLB

Jmarbad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLB 200 AMG LINE PREMIUM 1.3
Hi I have recently purchase a GLB 200 premium line and some of the premium features are missing the dealer is trying to dismiss me as they say in the 3 months I bought the car they remove them and put them back again in 2022 before I contact Mercedes direct has anybody experienced something similar?

Many thanks
Jacqueline

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
If they were on the bill of sale then they should be on the car.

I suppose this is part of the chip shortage

OP
J

Jmarbad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If they were on the bill of sale then they should be on the car.

I suppose this is part of the chip shortage
Many thanks yes they were on the spec for premium but the dealer is ignoring me and trying to dismiss me but I asked for the premium range it would be interesting to know if anyone has had the same experience

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Ask the dealer to prove it by providing the brochure and specification in force at the time it was ordered.

Which features were missing?

OP
J

Jmarbad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ask the dealer to prove it by providing the brochure and specification in force at the time it was ordered.

Which features were missing?
The logo projection from the wing mirrors and the augmented reality
Many thanks for your help

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
I wouldnt concern yourself about 'Augmented Reality' because this is a feature that has been dropped completely from certain model ranges, possibly all.
I remember when I was looking at a new CLA in early 2020...augmented reality was a standard feature on Premium trim and above and featured in the brochure, then suddenly it was dropped and not featured in the brochure anymore, which includes 2022 models.
I had a quick look at theJanuary 2022 GLB brochure and augmented reality is not mentioned at all, which means it is not currently fitted to the model.

Last edited:

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
I recently purchased an 2020 E Coupe premium line, I was looking to buy new but as my car was sold and new car orders were around March/April that was out of the question for me.

I was also told that a few features were not available due to the shortage of chips or whatever.

Having used a car with Augmented Reality Satnav that is something I personally would have held out for.

I would have thought this would have been explained by the sales agent unless of course they were not aware until it arrived.

Robin

OP
J

Jmarbad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I recently purchased an 2020 E Coupe premium line, I was looking to buy new but as my car was sold and new car orders were around March/April that was out of the question for me.

I was also told that a few features were not available due to the shortage of chips or whatever.

Having used a car with Augmented Reality Satnav that is something I personally would have held out for.

I would have thought this would have been explained by the sales agent unless of course they were not aware until it arrived.

Robin
Many thanks gor your reply I was not aware that it was removed quite annoyed about it, do you know if it can be added at a later date?

grahamcol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 SLK230, 2007 CLK220 CDI
The chip shortage is causing a lot of issues and l expect the op is a victim of this. Doesn't excuse the dealer being less than helpful though. I wanted to order a new Jaguar XE late last year (yes, traitor l know !) but the dealers aren't taking orders for XE and XF models. I believe certain manufacturers are actually modifying their ranges to include despeced models, Ford l think it was and there are probably others.

OP
J

Jmarbad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The chip shortage is causing a lot of issues and l expect the op is a victim of this. Doesn't excuse the dealer being less than helpful though. I wanted to order a new Jaguar XE late last year (yes, traitor l know !) but the dealers aren't taking orders for XE and XF models. I believe certain manufacturers are actually modifying their ranges to include despeced models, Ford l think it was and there are probably others.
Many thanks is a bit upsetting thinking you get something then not

ernieh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi Q2 Sport, 2022, 1.5 Petrol
Some models are also being delivered minus electric tail-gates, apparently due to chip shortage.

Ernie

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Some models are also being delivered minus electric tail-gates, apparently due to chip shortage.

Ernie
Personally I think that's a benefit not having an electric rear door. We don't see many (any?) manual tail gate issues, we do get lots of electric tail-gate issues

ernieh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi Q2 Sport, 2022, 1.5 Petrol
Personally I think that's a benefit not having an electric rear door. We don't see many (any?) manual tail gate issues, we do get lots of electric tail-gate issues
My Son-in-Law had a bill from Seat for their Alhambra, for ~£850 to replace their tail-gate struts...so yes! But they are convenient when operating.

Ernie

MBDevotee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Dreaming of a CL55k - one day maybe....
It’s ok (ish) they have been removed, but the dealer should have informed you before the car arrived. That they didn’t means car not as described but now you know, you need to reject it FAST as you can’t wait and reject it later otherwise it doesn’t look like the feature was that important.

When you ask to reject the dealer will almost certainly attempt to negotiate a deal instead

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom