ml350 W166 2012-Rear Camera in Rear Window

ml280nick

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ml 320 CDI Sport 2009
Hi there

Hope you are well.

Purchased yesterday from main MB dealer a ML350 2012. Thought it came with camera but has parking sensors and parks its self if need be. Noticed no camera under licence plate lights but have noticed a HD camera in rear Window facing out.

Asked the dealer and no clue what this could be. After market thing? Or part of the self parking? Also gutted to find out that the Becker Pilot not in even though part of spec. Dealer advised its a used car so could not guarantee it was with the car.

Seen on you tube that they may have plugged this camera in Media set up but no clue how to make it work if after market? Need the NAV device maybe as some are mentioning that on You tube.

Your help and assistance will be much appreciated.

Regards
Nick

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Any cam in the rear window would be an aftermarket dashcam.

I can help with reversing camera - I bought a W164 mounting bracket from my local Mercedes, as it turns out - in error (won't fit my tailgate as it is curved). I can fit an aftermarket cam into it (which is what I was planning to do for my car, and now done differently), you'll need an adapter to plug it into your COMAND / Audio unit.

Top Bottom