MPG for C250TD ('99)

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulfoel

Reaction score
Official figures are around 25mpg for urban driving, but 38mpg combined...

I do a mixture of motorway and urban, and drive pretty sensibly but still only get about 30/31 mpg.

I know that its a 'normal' diesel rather than a Cdi, which apparently makes a difference.

Seems a bit low to me. Is this normal ? Does anyone else have the same thing?

clive

Reaction score
C250 MPG

HI
I'VE HAD MY C250 FOR JUST OVER A YEAR NOW AND MY USUAL COMMUTE OF 20 MILES INTO BIRMINGHAM IS A 50/50 MIXTURE OF MOTORWAY AND NOSE TO TAIL TRAFFIC. MY MPG IS FAIRLY CONSISTANT AT 36/38 .THE VARIATION DEPENDANT ON HOW MUCH I USE THE LOUD PEDAL .NORMALLY I OBSERVE THE SPEED LIMITS BUT DON'T TEND TO DRIVE LIKE MISS MARPLES EITHER. HOPE THIS IS OF SOME HELP

CLIVE

piestore

Reaction score
diesel MPG

Hi

how many miles has the car done? what is the make,condtion and pressure of the tyres? what engine oil are you useing? what fuel oil are you useing (ie low sulphur or even red)? what is your style of driving? is the parking brake binding? are the brakes Ok? is it manual or auto? and what was the atmosperic pressure,air tempand was it raining on the day you tested it.

Sorry to be a bit sinical but there are so many variables especialy with an older car if its close to estimated figures just accept it and enjoy the car.

The CDI is a completly different animal don't even consider comparing them.

pcman_jh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 E220 Cabriolet
MPG for your C250TD ('99)

My 1994 C250 (non Turbo diesel) gets anything from 39 - 42.5 MPG, usually averaging 41.5 MPG.

I travel a 44 miles round trip into work everyday which is 50% dual carriageway and 50 % city (but free flowing) traffic.

When I experimented with Veg Oil mixture (50%/50%) I got an increase of about 1.5 MPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom